Yesterday I posted an introduction to this little project. In summary, I plan to post ten things I’m thankful for, over ten days.
Here, on Day #1, I’m already pausing to wonder if my title is grammatically correct? I will, however, forge on!
I’m waking today thankful for:
1. Dorothy (my friend’s goldfish that I am minding) still being alive. Each morning I head to her tank with my breath ever so slightly bated…minding a friend’s fish is a weighty responsibility.
2. A beloved plant that had all but died, showing ever increasing signs of revival.
3. The first sip of a coffee made from beans that a colleague roasted.
4. The second sip of coffee 🙂
5. The day that’s ahead of me – starting with a pick-up message for a book that I requested from my local library.
6. Anticipation of two outings: one including chocolate; the other including theatre.
7. Washing machines: their general convenience; and the fact that there are two of them in the apartment block laundry, so I can get my washing done in one trip.
8. A warm, sunny day to dry the washing when it’s done being washed. Having spent the majority of my adult life living in the rainy climate of Ireland, I have not yet lost the sense of antipodean novelty in hanging out my washing to dry, and bringing it in…dry…on the same day.
9. A prefect dinner with a friend and her family last night. From the afternoon tea served with fine china cups that only appear when I visit – to the game of Rummikub where everyone’s a winner – to the Lebanese Feast lovingly planned, prepared and laid before us. Such love!
10. The hope of new life, for my life and others’.
The Parabolic Plant – A Tale of Near Death and Revival
Please Note: photos of the plant’s ‘near death experience’ have not been included. Scenes may have disturbed some viewers.