As I prepare to go to bed,* the wind and rain are lashing against the windows of my apartment. It’s nights like these that my thankful thoughts go immediately to warmth and shelter.
Tonight I finish the day thankful for:
1. A roof over my head.
2. Windows that close.
3. Curtains that dampen some of the drafts.
4. A beautiful quilt that kept me warm as I read a book on the sofa.
5. A fascinating, illuminating and sobering book to read.
6. Bed socks to keep my feet warm – in and out of bed.
7. A bed.
8. Today’s promise of an end to the heat of summer.
9. The subsequent anticipation of wearing clothes that are more ‘wintery’ and therefore more to my liking 🙂
10. A visiting speaker at work today, bearing good news of many who’ve found lasting shelter under eternal arms.
* I wrote this last night. It’s still raining and blasting a gale this morning. I read the Daily Prompt just before I went to sleep and then couldn’t get the song out of my head ‘…red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue…I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too.’ It will likely be some days before we see a rainbow anywhere.