This morning I awoke to sunshine! Well, once I opened my blackout curtains, I could see the sunshine. I’ve now gathered up the wet towels that had been soaking up intrusive rain through gaps in windows and little, hitherto unknown, gaps in the wall.
Everything is now getting a good dose of sunshine! Things are being put back in order.
Today I’m thanking God for:
1. The return of sunshine and the brightness of things.
2. Being free to get back into my walking routine for an hour this morning.
3. Another seven or eight streets walked on my walking map (more on that in another post)
4. The joy-giving sound of someone practicing the piano as I walked by (I can’t vouch for their joy in practicing…)
5. The sound of a leaf-blower outside signalling the local council’s efforts to get our streets back in order after the recent storms.
6. My brother popping in on his way home from work and washing my dishes for me. Unfortunately I missed him while I was out walking.
7. The colour purple – and the clothes I have in this colour.
8. A stimulating lecture on ‘Otherness and the Book of Job’ last night. My mind is still whirling!
9. A new, inspiring helper in my efforts to get my weight and fitness back in line.
10. Apps. (I had never used these marvels until very recently – the Scrabble dictionary is my favourite)