Today, it’s all about lists!
Lists are right up my alley – or should I say street? I’ve been walking street after street in the Inner West and, if I were so inclined, I could make quite a long list of them.
I’ve also been visiting cafe after cafe – ticking them off the list in the index at the back of the Good Cafe Guide. It’s from 2014, but I figure that makes me a little ‘yesteryear’ and makes me quirky-ly short of up-to-date. Dare I say that it gives me ‘street-cred’?
Today I am thankful for:
1. A friend offering to get up early and walk with me this morning.
2. Wisdom shared as we walked.
3. The patience of the friend as I ran down the little cul-de-sacs shooting off the main streets, just so that I could colour them in on my map later.
4. The surprising glimpses of bits of Sydney Harbour as we rounded bends and peeked between houses.
5. The quiet streets of gorgeousness that run parallel to the main roads of despair!
6. God-given imagination to wonder at who might be blessed by the $10 note that fell out of my pocket while we walked. (We’re trusting that note may appear on someone else’s list of thankfulness today!)
7. The anticipation of breakfast at the local bakery in the area where we were walking.
8. Anticipation that proved well-placed!
9. Perfectly cooked poached eggs on soy and linseed sourdough toast, in the bakery.
10. Discussions over breakfast about our God who invites us to ‘dialogue’ with him – no matter how pain-filled and confused our side of the dialogue may be.